Monday, September 15, 2008

summer? not fun.

My summers tend to be rather horrible. No guys (no new guys), no cheer, my best friends go to Israel, and my dad works so i have to spend most of the time with my mom. Besides shopping, i can't think of the last fun thing i did over a summer.

My summers started going downhill at the end of sixth grade. I had come down with a bad case of terrible knees and was being rushed from doctor to doctor until we found someone who could and would operate; this fabulous old man to the left. I had two knees surgeries within a week, one on each knee. I spent the rest of that summer in physical therapy.

The next summer pretty much the same stuff happened except I already had a surgeon and only needed one surgery. By this time, Dr Brotzman and I are practically family. I call him "Brent" and his office is on both my and my parents speed dial. His assistant Tom and i have also become quite close. Tom takes out my stitches and he's quite good at it, too. I have some gnarly pictures from the surgeries. I can see the little machines and the bones and stuff. most people find it grotesque, but I don't. I'm kinda jealous of my dad though. He had knee surgery a few months after my first two, and his doctor gave him a video.

So this most recent summer, i had no surgeries, even though i needed one. I wasn't in a place medically where my body could handle any more stress. i was in a hospital for the entire summer and the last six weeks of eight grade. i was really really sick. but so now im on round the clock Advil and the occasional pair of crutches when the pain gets too bad.

i like the school year more than the summer. I've never had a knee surgery during school. We'll see if i can keep that up.

3 comments:

kiyan said...

haha country music is lame, all about that rap. generic question marathon? sounds great haha my favorite color is red. whats your favorite food?

Kelsey M. said...

About obama vs mccain, i totally agree. I've been saying the whole time that If mccain wins I'm moving to Engalnd or Canada. Also I really, extremely dislike palin. I was wondering about your thoughts on her?

tyler said...

Go Obama! wooo hoo! obama rocks!! your summers made me sad, but go obama!!